Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The whole group


The whole group
Originally uploaded by ejb
This weekend was the Bailey family reunion. It is the first of it's kind because it was organized by our generation, not our parents. Actually it was organized by Sheena Koops. As things came about, Sheena kept discovering more things to take care of for the weekend.

Some of the fun stories. On Friday night some of the cousins were camping in the Koops' backyard. The wind and rain were so hard that they actually collapsed one of the tents. A group of tired wet cousins made their way into the house leaving most of their stuff in the tent to gather later. On Saturday, I spent most of the day on the ping-pong table playing Ian, Sheena, Andrea, Michael and Victoria. I really enjoyed that, but I was not the one who stayed because I was winning games, in fact the only one who played a game against me was Michael. Ian and Sheena (I'm not sure about Andrea) would have beaten me embarrassingly if they decided to play. It was all kinds of fun to play against them all. The kids went to the beach a couple of time for swimming, and I'm sure that they enjoyed themselves. Andrea supervised most of these visits, of which I am very thankful.

I did not know it at the time, but the rash I was fighting on my arm was a result of a sensitivity to the sunlight. In simple terms the doctor told me yesterday when I finally went to see a doctor about this, that I am in fact allergic to the sun. I need to wear sunscreen, long-sleeve shirts and those kind of tricks to protect myself from that evil, shining, vengeful orb. At least now I have some super-super steroids to try and get rid of it.

Comments:
Looks like a great family reunion
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?