Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Happenings

Well, I though I should update this thing again. I have been thinking of posting pictures here somehow but since I am posting them on facebook and on my flickr account, everyone who wants to see pics of the trip can look them up. If you click on the ejb in the post before this one it will take you to my flickr account where I keep all my photos. I have been making facebook albums for those who use facebook.

Big preamble. The real news is that I have been driving school bus a lot this past week. I have been getting called in regularly to drive a charter here or there. I thought I had the long weekend off when I received a call Friday morning looking for a driver for Friday night and Sunday. I turned down the Sunday but agreed to be one of the two needed drivers for Friday. Then I got called back later asking if I could be on call for Monday instead of Sunday for this group. I said sure and then I learned the route on Friday when we delivered the first batch of people to the fire camp (these are summer firefighters). When I was called on Sunday about Monday's trip the firefighters changed the direction I would be traveling. Instead of being a 2-3 hour job I got a job that took almost the whole day, taking three groups (at once) to Fort Francis for their time off. It was a long trip there and a long trip back. I'm now home and wired from driving that much.

When I got home we ordered pizza and I went out and picked it up. Coming back into the house with the pizza, I twisted my good knee. I'm sure this will go away in a day or two, but if I bend the knee too much it hurts like crazy and it doesn't feel totally stable. Not a good way to end the day.

On a much happier note, I realized that I have a couple days to get everything together for the much planned and hyped family reunion. I'm not sure what the plan is there yet, from the looks of Andrew's facebook work, we do not really have a plan for the kitchen. Maybe that is why Sheena is talking about sushi, because people aren't signed up to cook (I know sushi is not just raw fish, but the joke works).

Tomorrow (since it is past midnight) I have to go up to Winnipeg to see if I can register to take a course for this term. Hopefully I don't have any trouble sleeping tonight so I can make that drive. I know that if I had to drive today it would be much tougher. Maybe now I can get some sleep since I have done all my online work.

Comments:
There's no plan for cooking because everyone keeps hoping I'll show up anyways and do it for them.

Enjoy the raw fish...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?