Thursday, May 31, 2007

Miscellaneous thoughts

I have been applying for jobs, I have applied for a research job (not that does not mean that I have been used for testing) and for a tow truck job. I have had an interview for the tow truck job already. Now I have found a government job that looks like fun as well, so I'm going to apply for that one. Fun, fun. It is kind of like my cousins who have just finished school, I get to look at all these different "options"! I finished University twelve years ago. I should already know what I'm doing shouldn't I? Hopefully whatever job I find (eventually) I will be able to work around taking a class each term in Winnipeg. If I got the government job, though, I could do that for thirty years and retire peacefully at the age of 67. I'm not too young anymore to be dreaming about retirement, and since I still have the use of my legs (although one is a little wonky still), which I was never sure that I would in my mid to late 30s, I can dream of travel whne I retire.

Speaking of wonky legs, for all you knee experts, how long should I expect to have that clicking sound in my knee?

My dad called the other day and was talking to me about some reading he was doing. He was reading the beattitudes and was thinking about poor in spirit. His thought on that, which I like right now, was that poor in spirit may be talking to those who are spent in spirit. In this idea, you are poor because you have been spending, giving, helping, and it leaves you tired, and burnt. Interesting idea.

I'm still missing hockey and football. There is not much in the way of activity, besides going to the gym. I get bored to easily at the gym. We were looking at properties the other day. Erica found a house by the lake, with 4 bedrooms for under $100, 000. It also has an amazing view of the railroad tracks (extremely close actually. I wonder why it's priced so cheap? The only problem with property here is that I don't know if I'm ready to settle down yet. I would hate to buy something and not be able to build before we go, or worse, buy, build and then leave. Part of me is interested in building a house, because I've never done that before. I have worked with plumber and electricians, but that was so long ago that I no longer remember much about either job. I suspect that we would have to get a lot of experts if we tried to build ourselves. Maybe after I retire, we can build a winnebago or something.

Comments:
About the knee clicking thing... my knee still "clicks" nearly 3 decades after the original major injury. (Boy, we're old!) It just happens less and less often, particularly as I get & keep my weight down.
 
My advice is that since land is not being made any more, it is a good idea to buy a chunk of it. When you rent, you are merely helping out someone else pay off their mortgage. Even if you are there for a short period of time (a year or so)it would be a good investment.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?