Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Good News and Bad News

I'm still trying to figure out what the good news is, but the bad news is that I did not get into the program I was planning to take next year. I figured that I would mess it up somehow, forget something important in the application process or something. I did not, I got everything in and they did not have room for me. I was told that I could still take some classes this next year, I can sign up for those after the regular students have signed up. With Special student status, I can take one course (if I'm lucky two) each term. Next I am going to have to find work that I can work around taking a course or two. I could have already been teaching people how to drive, but I was planning on being in school this next year. Sigh. I'm not very happy about all this...

Comments:
I understand how you feel. I ended up at Oklahoma when UofS started to mess up with my schooling. Have you thought about doing some distant learning with your program or is there none available?
 
well ...
http://www.bestjobsca.com/bt-jobd-nms1-264476.htm
A
 
or better yet http://jobbank.gc.ca/ShowJob_en.aspx?OrderNum=2810325&Source=JobPosting&CommGrouping=GON006&Sources=JobBank,%20Government&Student=No

though I don't know that you qualify :)
A
 
Thanks Andrew. There is no distance ed for this program. I have been researching it for a few years while we were living in Thunder Bay. It is offered at other locations (only a couple of other places in Canada) but this is the place we are now close to so that is why I chose Winnipeg. Right now I'm just really disappointed.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?