Monday, March 12, 2007

March Break

Well we are on break here. The difference will be this week I will be at home with the boys instead of by myself. I'm probably supposed to plan out activities for us for this week, but I haven't done it. I am planning on taking the boys skating a couple of times this week since the arena will be open for public skating in the afternoons. We have taken up skating on Wednesday nights. Taken up as in we have gone twice now, me and the boys. Liam is trying hard to skate and is falling lots, but he is also moving around pretty good. It won't be long till he understands what he is doing. Haaken is moving around the ice slowly but he is moving around it on his own. He is not as confident as Liam but he has his balance and is getting around on the ice without hanging on to the boards or me. My theory right now is if I can get them out on the ice enough times they will learn enough about skating that they will be able to get around. We can worry about lessons later. Liam is interested in hockey next year. That would be a big step for me, move from playing to watching my own son play.

This week we have gotten to know more people in the church here and actually talk with them. We attended a small group on Friday and enjoyed it. They meet for a meal, singing and then their study. This could start to give us those much needed relationships we are missing here.

Monday morning there is a little girl from town here who is going in for surgery because of cancer. If you get the opportunity pray for her and her family.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?