Friday, January 19, 2007

The life of a house husband

I had a couple of new things start this week. First we got our family membership for the "Rec" centre here and so I started going to the gym now. I have gone everyday but Thursday. I'm not entirely sure what kind of routine I want to do, but the important thing to me is the bike and some form of walking (I am using the elliptical machine). The first day I decided to use a treadmill instead of the elliptical machine and after about 7 minutes I could feel a little something in my knee. The next day I tried the elliptical machine and did not feel the same sensation so I decided not to use the treadmill anymore. There is open hockey and public skating as part of the membership, but I haven't worked those into my routine yet. I have atried a little bit of weights, but again I have decided that doing weights with the legs (after trying it of course) does not quite feel right yet.

Another thing that has been different this week is that Haaken has been at home with me. His glands were swollen on Wednesday and we saw the doctor Thursday. He is on medication and should be back at school next week. I remember when he was younger, we almost had to hide his boots to keep him at home when he was sick. He is willing to stay home right now, probably because his throat reminds him of how sick he really is.

I have also added to my morning routine, making Erica's lunch as well. I have been making the kids lunches, trying to find foods that they will eat at school and make it healthy food, a real struggle sometimes. Erica's lunch is usually a little easier, she is a little less fussy than the kids and we do not have to worry about the peanut allergies at her work.

Life goes on in our little town.

Comments:
Did you go to the big game?




cdisho
 
No we went swimming on Sunday while people were piling into the complex. Erica's boss told me he was invited to something after the dinner on Saturday by Gary Leeman. He got to hang out with guys like Leeman, Hawerchuck, and others.

rzbad
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?