Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Happenings

Not much is happening now. We have actually spent three weekends (two Sundays) in Kenora. We have checked out two churches so far, but it looks like we will not continue looking until we have finished the experience we have started with the little baptist church we found. Little, it is probably 80-100 or maybe even more. We went there this Sunday and the Sunday school for the kids was in the middle of working on their Christmas pagent. So our kids are now in the pagent so we are staying at least long enough to really see what the Sunday School will be like for the kids. This coming weekend, on Sunday they will practice again with the pagent being in the evening. The next weekend we will be in Thunder Bay and then we will be out in Victoria for the Sunday after that so we won't be around much more this year for church in Kenora.

The pastor at this church is new to town and lives in our area (which is quite a ways from the church as far as this town is concerned). I have barely talked to him, and yet I feel like dropping by his office to visit and to try to encourage him, maybe even hang out a little. Maybe it is more for me as I am looking for people to make friends with and am unable to play hockey yet.

As far as the knee is concerned, next week before we go the Tbay I find out how my knee is healing and perhaps then we will have a more definite idea of what the problem actually is and how long it will take to heal. I am hoping to get a gym membership here so I can do a bit of workout type stuff, but there is still lots I can't do (no weights the doctor said). Until then, Greg and I continue to watch a lot of DVDs while we clean the house and unpack.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?