Saturday, November 25, 2006

Limping Around

Here we are in Tbay again. I am currently walking around without the cane, but still limping. My knee still hurts but I am gaining more mobility. I saw a doctor yesterday and he told me about the knee and how it works and what might be wrong with mine. Since there is still too much swelling he could not yet detect what was actually wrong with the knee. The side ligaments are fine, but the problem is either a tear or partial tear of the ACL or else it is a tear in the cartilage between the bones in the knee. As the swelling goes down and whatever walking issues appear will tell us what the problem is and whether or not I have to get a scope done. So for right now, no hockey, no football. I can exercise, even skate a little he said, but no sports, and no weights.

Comments:
Hey, Peg-leg

Y'know what's fun? That momentary lurch on the subway that bends your knee just right, so that as soon as you move, the edge of the bone that has no cartilage rubs up against your kneecap. That's fun.

No wait, I meant pain.

Trust me, you want the ACL.

-N-
 
I thought that ACL would require more surgery and longer healing time. If it is just a minor tear, that requires no surgery then I could be back into things before December is over.

Your description sounds like another whole complication that I have not even considered. Not that I can control what the actual injury is now.
 
Arrr, Peg-Leg

Surgery means a faster healing time. Remember when I tore my groin in Saskatoon? It was 18 months before Dr Misfeldt said I could play hockey (skating was ok after 6 months, but she was worried about the body contact). Mind you, the d%#^%@n thing was nearly severed.

It's likely that it's just the strained ACL. Soft tissue dammage tends to swell up more than cartilage dammage. IIRC

ps: Darcy says it must suck to be old.

-N-
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?