Thursday, October 26, 2006

Thunder Bay Time Is Going Fast

I have been quickly traveling through the regular blogs trying to catch up on people and thinking to myself, "I wish some of these people would update a little more frequently." Today while that thought passed through my head I thought about my blog and decided to set a good example today and update. Then I can criticize all I want.

I have one more day of bus driving (with lots of tearful goodbyes and a few hugs from the kids - even the high school kids have discovered and some of the them are saying goodbye - not with tears though.) I have already preached the final sermon of this portion of my ministry, last week. This Sunday is the baby dedication Sunday, complete with potluck (from which I will sneak out by 1:30 at the latest and rush off to the first of two playoff games, the second is the following week). On Saturday we have a big church celebration, a goodbye party for our family. On Friday (tomorrow) I will play hockey with my friends and then that is it for a long while. Maybe I will find a daytime hockey nearby in Kenora.

Seeing all the elections ads and signs just keeps reminding me that I was thinking about running this year for school board. I thought that as a bus driver I would bring something good to the table. Oh well.

I keep thinking about the song from My Fair Lady, "Get Me To The Church On Time". It starts out with a slow mournful sound "It just a few more hours, that's all the time I've got ..." Besides that it is a funny song. My motto has always been, you don't have to do well, just make sure it's funny.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?