Thursday, September 14, 2006

Life In Kenora

I'm not sure what life in Kenora is going to look like yet, but we are constantly shifting our plans for going there. We went there last Sunday evening (yes I skipped football for it...) and stayed over till Monday to look at houses to rent. We looked at a lot of three bedroom houses, and I was surprised at how none of them seemed like they would work for our family. We are a family of 5 moving there and so my little boys will have to share a room there like they do here (and I guess Erica & I will have to share a room too).

A house that has been constantly on our minds about renting is a house on Lake Winnipeg that is only available Oct-June (we would have to be out in July), but it does have 4 bedrooms. Part of me would like to rent it, but I think that it would not be as enjoyable for the time that we would have it as it would be during the time that we cannot rent it. So instead we will likely rent a little 3 bedroom in the area of town that lets us put our older little boy into the right school for him (the others can be bused).

Speaking of bussing, I have the names for the bosses of the bus company in Kenora and I was told to drop the name of the superintendent of education (she was the one who gave me the names and numbers) if I want to talk to them about driving school bus in Kenora. Interesting.

I am in a lot of pictures lately, but I have yet to see any of them. All these kids going to their first day of school and I am in the background - sometimes with my toothless grin. I don't want to turn my kids over to someone else, I don't think that anyone else will understand them or have the patience to learn to understand them. I have been problem solving about the two young kids who are having trouble on my bus. The one has been grounded at home and each the parents are asking me as I drop her off how she is doing on the bus, and since this has started, she has done well. I also try to give her a little attention right as soon as she gets on the bus so she get the attention without having to act up. The other one, a little boy, I have yet to figure out. He was tough last year, and he is still having trouble sitting still this year. I'm still thinking and I am going to solve this to pass on to my replacement.

Comments:
I respect that fact the people often don't realize how much a bus driver can inpact a kid's life, and experience of school....thank you on behalf of those parents of your bus kids...you are amazing!
 
I hope it's a great experience for you guys! Sure, Eric do what you want with that blog posting of mine!
-Steve
 
Well, at last you can say that you're in a Stanley Cup-winning town, dude...

-N-
 
Thanks for the compliment Mim, the kids are a lot of fun, although all of us sometimes feel like quiting.

I will probably include your post, Steve, in Oct 2 bulletin. Thanks.

Hey Neil, the first thing I got in Kenora was a special edition hat with the Kenora Thistles 1907 Stanley Cup Champs. It was a gift from Erica' boss.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?