Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Still no Summer Holiday Plans

It is kind of funny, I took a week off golfing and I ended up not blogging last week either. My shoulder has been kind of sore and the couple of mornings I could have gone, I woke up and just didn't feel up to moving that arm. I did not play hockey this last week either. So on Sunday when I went to play football, I thought I should be feeling better, and I didn't notice my arm as much (if I catch the ball one direction I notice a little). Then on Monday when we were at the beach, I was playing catch with my little boy and I extended my arm to catch one of my son's throws. It hurt. I guess it is not as healed as I was hoping it would be. In the evening I had a couple of sneezing fits that left my arm tingling. This morning I had a couple of sneezes but my arm felt alright, no tingle. All that tells me I should go back to bed.

It is looking like we might have a couple day family trip to Kenora as our big summer trip. I'll tell more later. If we go, maybe we'll even get some pictures.

Our football season starts next week. We have mostly the same roster with a few interesting additions. We have changed quarterbacks from last year (unfortunately for me, the guy that we had before would throw me the ball a lot). Hopefully I can start catching well again and earn this qb's confidence. My biggest hope is that we can put together some wins and improve better than last year. The past couple of years we have been hovering around the 500 mark and we would like to become more of a contended with the big teams (especially since the league is smaller this year).

Family Camp is coming up fast and we have put plans in place for it. Hopefully it will all come together. We will have a lot of Whitfields at this, and hopefully many of our church who haven't been around during the summer. We will have the teenagers running some programs with the kids during our lessons times for the adults. The lessons will be more on the encouraging side than the strictly planning we did last year. Hope we get a good group and that we can all draw energy off of the togetherness so that the fall kicks off well.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?