Monday, May 15, 2006

Golf

The is the second weekend in a row that I have gone golfing on Sunday and then Monday. Last week I went with my Father-in-law both days. This week, on Sunday I went with my wife and kids (we only did part of the par 3 not the whole 9 holes). Monday (today) we did the whole par 3. It was fun, and my shots are getting more consistent, but I still need to work at the game to get better. I am not sure that I will be able to get out golfing again this week because of all the activities going on.

The 40th Anniversary Celebration for our church is going to happen this weekend. I got the ad in the paper for Sunday in a free section, but I did not get some of the other things done to get the ad out there. I have more work to do, contacting people who are going to participate in our worship this week, I need to scan a bunch of photos and arrange them for a powerpoint presentation of the modern era (another person who has slides and a projector is going to do up to the mid 80's). Plus I need to try to find photos of all the previous preachers so that I can try to do up some kind of display. We still have class this week. I am teaching the "for the love of books" on Wedndesday as well. I have soccer on Tues and Thurs evenings (last Thurs was cancelled because of rain). Tomorrow I am helping people do some things over at the building. This week is going to be crazy.

Comments:
Hey bro.

Just thought you would like to know, the current rumour mill has Burnaby Joe wanting to retire as a player on the home team. That kinda means that Brendan Morrison is on his way out.

Not really relating to golf, other than the obvious...
 
It sounds like a Vancouver fan sort of rumour, so to keep from becoming heart-broken I'll have to do the wait and see.

It would be amazing seeing Joe centering Bert and Nasland though. Morrison has done well in Vancouver, but if that's what it takes to make room for Joe, I don't think even Morrison would question it. Maybe the brothers Neidermeyer would like to do the same this next (even though they are still under contract).
 
Actually, the rumour began in various points in OTT, where some are bemoaning the likelihood that Joe won't replace Spezza.
 
I guess that leaves me with some hope, but I don't think I'll hold my breath (unless I have an asthma attack).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?