Monday, April 17, 2006

Techno Easter

Yesterday was our special Easter worship. We had good turn out from our regular attenders, and we had some visitors to make a nice small crowd. It was a relief to see a number of people there in the pews during the worship. That said we had about 17 kids in total. We had 33 adults. That makes 50 people. I think that 80-100 is the auditorium max without going into the overflow area at that back of the room. The families that were there still each had their own row to use.

On Friday and on Sunday we used powerpoint instead of the overhead machines. People liked it and I think that it is much better than the overhead machine. I think that we ought to move to this kind of technology sooner rather than later. I also think that we need to add some other technologies to what we do. My wife and I were even discussing the possibility of using a computer, of some kind, that will take what is said and turn it into type on the screen. Whenever I start discussing these things I want to go spend money right away, I hate researching and waiting, instead of buying and moving ahead.

We are also discussing a live feed church. That would be weird and I am interested. I doubt that it would be particularly good yet, but it would be an experience. I wonder what other kinds of technologies there are that will catch my attention next.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?