Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Worry

Well, I just finished a short training session for bus driving on special needs awareness. I kind of think that I should have been exempt from this but I would never say it - I'm amazed that I am even typing it. I have worked with people with developmental disabilities, I had an uncle with Down Syndrome, I actually kind of know a little sign language (I haven't had to use any for so long that instead of remembering words, I remember that I have forgetten the words). Finally my own son has autism and so I knwo some things about these special needs kids. I mentioned to the instructor that I worked with people with disabilities before if they are interested in some help with this kind of thing.

A worry that has been on my mind for a while, but more so since Saturday is my dad. He had knee replacement surgery a couple of weeks ago, and he has since had it reopenned and cleaned out. Also he has had some kind of trouble - chest or stomach pain. Mom thinks that he may have damaged his heart during this process and this leads me worry. I am not sure what to do about this and I do not have my mom's phone number anymore to call her and ask about what is happening now. A part of me is ready to hop into the car and drive to Regina to check up on mom and dad. Driving Bus and working for the church takes up my time right now, especially since I am going away in less than two weeks. With my vacation coming up I just fel guilty about asking for any other time off, and I definitly feel guilty for not going like I would have a year ago. For now I have to content myself to sit and worry.

Comments:
I spoke with Mom last night; Mom & Dad will be headed to Bill & Mary's on Wed/Thurs, and will stay there for the next couple of weeks. They think that Dad will be fine for now, & can wait until he gets home to BC before he has to get anything else looked at further.


If you don't haver Bill & Mary's number then call me after 9:00 tonight (Weds) and I'll give it to you.

Neil
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?