Thursday, January 05, 2006

Not Wired

I have changed my internet, I now use a wireless connection that just plugs into my usb adapter. I like not being tied to a cord. I am now reconsidering the purchase of a battery for my laptop then I would really be free to wander. Right now the battery only has a couple of minutes in it. This D-link usb plug seems great right now. I think that it is a little slower with my computer right now but I suspect that part of the problem is that I am in the basement while the port is upstairs. I'll have to ask my wife about her computer speed. Now, if only I could get the same thing for the palm pilot.

The boys room is painted as my wife posted on her site, and now the floor is in, the beds are up and all their toys are still in the living room. I guess things are not completely done, but pretty close. We may change some of the funiture, but we are not in a rush to change things unless the right thing captures us. I hope the room is really finished soon so that we can get people into our living room again.

Comments:
Hey Eric try this first before you buy the battery, it may work if the battery is not too far gone - Freeze the battery for 24 hours then let it thaw at room temperature till it is no longer a icy drink coaster. Give it a good charge in the computer and see if it comes back too life.

I have done this with cellphone and laptop batteries. It is not a permenant fix but it works a few times.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?