Tuesday, January 24, 2006

A New Week

The start of a new week. I guess that was yesterday, but anyway there is lots to write about. First of all there was an election yesterday which was good and bad. The good is that the NDP got more seats than last time, they had a good showing in many other places too, and the two ridings that are in my area were close and at times last night the NDP reps were actually leading in the polls. The bad is that they did not win, and once again locally we are under the reign of the liberals. I don't understand why people would vote so much for a party that repeated showed serious lack of character.

There seems to be a change blowing in Canadian politics, this is two elections in a row that led to minority governments. I think that this is good for Canada and that if any country should be able to work together across party lines for the good of the people it should be Canada. I hope that we will continue to elect minority gov'ts and make the parties get used to the idea of listening to the other voices, the NDP, the Green Party and others who represent other portions of the population besides the big business, and the rich that the Liberals and Conservatives represent.

My wife is away for the week so me and the boys are on our own (with grandma, grandpa, Auntie, cousin, and G). My youngest was bugging me to take him to the gym this week, so we will be going there soon after I am done writing. This trip will make it three weeks that I have been back at the gym. I hope that I can continue and make this a habit. I also hope that this will give me the ability to skate more at hockey. I feel better about my energy last week (I had to work in front of the net and in the corners - it is very tiring digging for the puck and fighting for position).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?