Friday, December 09, 2005

More Reading

Today I went to another training session of "For the Love of Reading". This time I was invited to come, so that I could share my experience at having led sessions before. I was contacted because my boys Principal invited me to be the person leading these sessions at their school. I was again reminded of the importance of reading to children, but more than just that, of talking with them, sharing the stories of life.

All of life is a story waiting for you to tell it. Sometimes we just need someone to help us with a starting point. I like to use the photo album idea because each picture that you look at will tell a story. One of the activities that is suggested is a basket full of items, and each person picks one and tells a story about that item (meaning, significance or make up something).

One of the comments that someone made while I was learning to drive the bus is "someone should write a story about what it is like being a bus driver." I have started the story a couple of times now, but I have not developed it much. Maybe someday that story will make its way out. I might have to go back and steal some of my "training" blogs for some of it. The story continues to develop.

Comments:
Someone short blog a story about being a blogger.

(...or about being a cashier at Tim Horton's, ever striving to enhance the customer's convenience).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?