Monday, October 03, 2005

Quick Sunday

I found Sunday to be a quick day. I got up in the morning to finish off my preparation for the service (which meant a lot of photocopying on a machine that I sometimes wonder if it will continue to work, but somehow it does). I copied the program, I copied the minutes from our last congregational meeting, I copied work sheets for a class I was leading, I copied something else but I don't remember it any more. I think that there were three or four other things I copied that morning. Besides practicing my sermon, taking the furniture out of the teen room and setting it back up with a table and chairs for the class (why to this is a whole other set of explainations, maybe another blog), trying to figureo ut how the new lapel mike works, and making coffee for the morning. Sunday morning usually just doesn't seem to have enough time to have everything the way I would like it but I don't seem to start any earlier for these things.

After church we had our congregational meeting (where we sit and discuss the things we are doing as a church and have the possibility for those who are not in leadership or on any of the ministry teams to hear what is happening and give some input if they feel moved to do so). This is the first one I ever chaired. I did not try to rush it, I even worked around one leaders who wasn't there yet to give their report (they showed up near the end of the reports and gave their report). After the ministry reports we had a couple of other things on the agenda to talk but those did not take long. Then there were two items that were not on the printed agenda that were brought up and discussed. With all this our meeting (which started around 12:30) ended at 1:30. This left me with plenty of time to get to my football game which I thought I might be missing this week.

Football Report:
As we near the end of the season, we played this week our final game against a "B" division team. We have not beaten any of hte "B" teams so far this season, but this is the team that is at the bottom of the "B" and lost to a "C" team that we beat. I showed up just a little bit late and saw 6 guys on our team just hanging around waiting for someone to show up. As I was walking up another of our team organizers showed up so that at least there was two of us there. I then looked across the field and saw on the other side 4 players. While we waited, the ref finally showed up (the first game he would ever ref) and I dug him out some equipment (flag, bean bags, whistle etc). He talked to both teams and then we waited ten minutes to see if anyone else would show up for them (if you have 5 players you have to start - a full force on the field is 7 players). No one showed up and so we got our win and then we gave them a player and played 5 on 5 for fun. The ref stayed and did the fun game, learning and practicing so that he could do more games in the future. Beside not getting to really complete it was a pretty good set up, we even got our back up quarterback in for one play (he threw a pass and it turned into a touchdown) and then the game ended. I feel better about putting him in during a game even though I have only seen him in for one play. I think we should make plans to have him play in our next game since it is against a team that we beat fairly easily last time and they are going through some injury problems now. So our record moves to 4-4-0.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?