Wednesday, October 12, 2005

It's Wednesday Already!

Well I'm not sure where the week is going so quickly, but it's Wednesday already. Yesterday was to be my first day on the bus, but I discovered that description is a little decieving. First day on the bus we learn to check the bus before we go any where. It is supposed to take about 25 minutes. For the first one it took us most of the 3 hours of training for the day. Today then all four of us who are in training went on one bus to the training area. We set up the pylons and drove around them (not over them - no one drove over them!). I even got to do it a second time (forwards and then backwards each time). Before anyone else got a second turn though we had to head back to the terminal. Tomorrow starts the one on one training that we each have to do. Besides our time spent in the pre-run check, we have to have 20 hours of driving in before we get our licence for the bus. Well, I'll be a little bit closer to being finished after tomorrow.

Football Update:
For all you who are waiting for the weekly football update (since I know most of you are), we won! We actually played this time and we still won, bringing our record to 5-4-0. I did manage to score a touchdown in the second half of the game (I had a lot of catches and 4-5 drops besides). I am disappointed with the number of drops that I am having this year. At half time we had put together some drives, but did not finish any of them. So the team that was last in the league was leading us 16-0 at halftime. We came back and won 24-22. We score three touchdowns in the second half and stopped them near the end of the game from getting the two points after they scored a touchdown. It was close. I mostly played centre and the responsibilities are really different there. Sometimes I like it sometimes I don't. The big problem with playing centre is that my lower back hurt a lot the next day. Pain doesn't hurt as much when you win though as when you lose.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?