Friday, October 07, 2005

Catch Up Work

Today I have no bus driver training, instead I get to catch up with my church work. All the things I couldn't do in the 1-2 hours after training I need to get done today. Luckily this week I am not preaching so I don't have that to add to my list of things to get done. I have some furniture movement to do after our meeting last night. I have to set up my classroom downstairs and I think I want to preview a movie for the class. I can't remember the title but it is a Jim Carry movie. The boys want to talk about Me Myself, and Irene, but that is not the movie I want to watch with them (as a matter of fact that is not a movie I want them to watch at all!). There is a nice little movie with Jim Carry, Morgan Freeman, and Jennifer Aniston which I think could continue some interesting discussion about who God is and how little we can really understand about him or even about our world. This feeds off the idea of "Why do bad things happen to good people." I also want to do some preparation for next week so that as I go through bus training next week I won't fall behind on my work.

Next week my bus training takes place behind the wheel of one of those huge monsters (stay off the sidewalks). I am looking forward to this but also dreading it. I feel like I should be good at this kind of thing already and I don't want to look foolish. I want to already be competant at the driving because driving is my thing. This attitude leaves me with much apprehension because I worry about not living up to my expectations and not being as good a driver as I am in my head. The problem of where the rubber meets the road.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?