Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Time is getting away again

We have now had one Sunday since we started our planning at Family Camp, and we have no plans yet to finish. I have a meeting tomorrow that will hopefully address this issue as to when we can finish the planning process so that we can start taking the next steps. I would think that at this point we would not be putting new ministry teams in place until the start of 2006.

I have been typing up the sheets that were written at family camp and I would love to be discussing some of this. Yesterday I finished the typing with typing up the first activity we did, the defining of the terms of our vision statement (A Safe Place to grow in relationship with Christ and others). It seems that there are a variety of thoughts out there, and I think that in some of these we have only touched the surface. We defined the idea of a safe place, but I wonder if our definitions would change if the first part was "a safe place to grow" instead of just "a safe place"? Does this change how you see "safe"? What then becomes the focus?

Football update:
Week 5
We played the other team in our division who is vying for first and we won (fairly easily). The problem with gauging the other team is that they only had 6 players for the game (they had their top receiver and their quaterback so they weren't lost), we could field all 7 and had 3 subs for the whole game.

I finally caught a deep pass, but their fast guy chased me down before I could score my first touchdown of the season. I almost had another spectacular catch, but I just couldn't get a grip on the ball with my outstretched finger tips while diving through the air. My middle finger on my left hand has been hurting for just over a month now and I wonder what effect that could be having on my catching. During warms ups I shy away from catches with that hand a little. The end of the finger is really swollen, and at times (when nothing is going on) I get a sharp pain (instead of a dull, continual pain) at the first knuckle). I would go see a doctor, but I don't want to give in to my hypercondriact side, so I wait until I know it is serious, or till I am seeing the doctor for something else.

That reminds me I need to go get a physical so I can continue the process to get my bus licence. Then I could make some money driving a school bus. Hopefully the church will soon also bump me up to 3/4 time again so that I can help take care of my family (instead of just continuing to dig a hole that we can't get out of). I guess I have some phone calls to make then.

Comments:
I agree, I think our biggest problem is that we think we know what other people think or we think we understand what other people think and we do not. Look at anonymous comments on a sheet helps but discussion is important. We don't need to talk it to death but if the elders go away and "decide" there will not be buy in and owership. We are small enought to be able to discuss and have the WHOLE church buy in. I will pray about the meeting today. Be Strong and Courageous!!! and know you are loved and supported!
 
Don't be a dope, get your finger looked at. Being a hypochondriac is talking about what you may have and believing that you have it - making a big deal about possible or supposed illness. Quietly getting things checked out and dealt with if necessary is the opposite.
God bless your endevours with the family there.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?