Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I have things to say, but no place to say them so I need to find other things to say.

Our house is being renovated and I appreciate it, although I would like to be more involved and feel like I am being more helpful than I have been currently. I helped for a while putting down the flooring in the office upstairs, but that was interupted by football ( a lucritive offer came to "ref" a game). The floor is basically done, we are just waiting for the big orange store to get a finishing plate in so that the doorway can be finished.

We have discovered a leak in the roof in that room now. It seems that the shingles are so old that they are causing problems with water drainage and instead of going into the eaves where it is supposed to it is going along the beams into the house and leaking into the office. We have some rotting boards along the eaves to replace the the shhingles (once it stops raining for a while) and who knows what else there is to do with the roof when we look in side.

Football Update:
I finally scored a touchdown this past week. After the winter season I thought I would continue with a few a game but I have not been doing that well. This week the QB and I noticed some of the same problems and discussed them and attacked them. It worked to move us down field and to score. We still lost to put our team record at 3-3. Oddly enough it is good enough for first in the "C" division. We are tied for first with a team we beat.

I finally called a guy I knew and got him to come play with us. With the things going on in his life, football might be a good distraction or at least a fun release to get out and run. We have at least 3 more games that we should win this season and 1 more that we have a shot at.

Next week is a break from the season and instead there is a tournament. We have picked up some players and are planning to put a team in. A couple years ago a team that came in second really became the team they are today because of the tournament. They are now a strong "B" division team.

Comments:
It got you reading eh?

Actually I had started a post that skirted around the things I was wanting to comment on, but I discovered that it could get to close to things I cannot talk about. So I can't answer your question right now, but there are lots of other things to discuss (like a great football season?).
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?