Saturday, July 09, 2005

Eventful Saturday

Today I started with going out and trying my new golf clubs out at the driving range. Since I couldn't play hockey lasst night I thought I should be in the right condition to try golf (like all hockey players when their season is over - it is either that or go to Europe). I bought (my wife bought) these clubs yesterday at Play It Again, used, for only 65 dollars. It does not come with a putter, so I am putterless right now. Lucky for me I don't need that part of my game.

You see, while I was trying out the clubs I discovered that the cut on my hand is at just right place that I cannot swing correctly. My father-in-law was coaching me through various little corrctions to my swing and with each one, the ball still spun like a ping-pong ball. When the pain in my hand got worse (a closer to correct swing) I realized that my hand was not letting me swing the club the right way. There was nothing I could do to fix my swing today.

After we came back, the whole family went to Canadian tire, where they gave us $100 and then our family went fishing. My wife was teaching the boys to cast at a little stream in the city neaer our house. We were both surprised by how quickly they picked it up. Next Saturday we might just take a trip out to the stocked fishing hole just outside of town. There the boys will get to catch and keep the fish. The best part of that place is that the people there clean the fish for you.

I have just unwrapped my hand from the huge bandage that I have been wearing. I have a replacement to put on after I have cleaned up the hand a little. The cut looks ugly, but it could look much worse. Right now I am just airing it out a little. My mind keeps telling me that wound is parting a little and that if I wait too long the whole thing will open up again. Sometimes my mind can just get totally carried away with imaginary problems. I may actually be a hypochondriac with all the things I think are happening to me, I just don't tell people about them all. Don't tell anyone either.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?