Friday, July 15, 2005

Bible Day Camp Day 5

I guess I missed posting on days 2-4 but I know that yesterday I came in looked at my computer and passed out. I have been staying out and visiting with people (one man in our church lost his mother last week), and then getting up early to set up my room and make sure that I am prepared for the onslaught of little ones.

One aspect I did not like was that the material said I needed to change the room significantly each day so that it would seem different to the kids each day. I left one wall up for all five days (wall being a series of table cloths separating a part of the room from the rest of the room.

It was exciting for the kids so I suppose I can't complain too much. I long for the room changes like the year I got to the Jonah. Limited set up and take down with maximum effect.

One of the things for the room was to make paperbag bricks. I did this once three or four years ago, but I don't think I made the bricks as well this year. The problem with the bricks was that the basement is moist and the bricks would soak up water from the air and not be as solid as they could be. If I stuffed them with more paper then maybe they would have stood up better too, but they lasted basically through today when the wall of the jail fell down (on some of the students ... hee hee hee).

The stories this year had three Old Testament stories (usually they only have two) so I was particularly excited to get to tell these stories. Gideon, Daniel, and Shadrack, Meshack, and Abendigo. The New Testament stories were Jesus and Mary Magdelain at the tomb, and Paul and Silas in Jail. Some really good stories with lots for the kids to enjoy. If you want to find out more, show up in Thunder Bay this Sunday and you might just get a taste of the fun.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?