Sunday, June 05, 2005

Tough Sunday

It took me most of the day to realize why everyone seemed so wiped on Sunday morning. Our worship servvice was planned fine, led fine, but as a group it kind of felt like we just were not quite there. Our small numbers (smaller than usual) may have contributed, but I think that the garage sale was to blame. I think that we had a very tired Sunday. Maybe it was just me (I know I am tired - too many nights with too little sleep), but I felt like we were not quite there.

The church garage sale went well on Saturday, I always find the first while in the morning amusing. For the first few minutes while I am trying to get going I will get up and stumble around the house. If I sit down or rest my head for a second, I am out again. Once in a while my legs or my body just decides it wants to lie down and I almost do. This doesn't happen very often, but I think that I have experienced it too often for me. I should probably be trying to get more sleep. The sad thing is the strange macho pride I take in being able to survive and function in those situations. It is the same idea as playing sports with a pulled muscle or a broken bone.

After the worship time I went and "ump"ed a slow pitch ball game. I floundered here and there, but mostlly did okay. By the time the teams got to the end of the tournament I guess that they were just happy to have an "ump" at all. I'd rather not do that again, but I am closer to feeling like I could "ref" a football game. I know those rules at least. I am not great at making a quick call, and I am too willing I guess to hear the opinions (although if I don't agree I won't change my call). I guess maybe I "ump" okay, or maybe not whatever you think...

Comments:
yes, yesterday was tired day. I think we all need a weekend soon where we do nothing...I guess that doesn't come to you very often though does it?
 
Not for me. Even when I'm not on, part of me feels on...

I think the summer feels like a bit of a break with the pressure of Sunday School is over.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?