Saturday, June 18, 2005

Playing Church

Continuation of the discussion in the comments of the previous blog:

I love it when we get interesting discussions going. I am intrigued by this whole of idea of play and aversion and the impact of these ideas on our enjoyment and sense of safety in a church setting.

Then my thinking is what is fun at church? What do we enjoy about that worship time that makes us feel safe, that gives us that sense that we are in the right place?

I enjoy singing, I enjoy discussion, but for me one of the things I enjoy is the people (not really things are they?). Is that why I go to church and look forward to it?

Can we pinpoint the idea of play verses aversion so easily in this kind of a setting? I wonder if we have such different expectations that the things that I would consider play may not be the same there as elsewhere...

I'm not sure if I am getting anywhere, but I sure would appreciate some help trying to sort through these ideas.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?