Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Keys to community

I was reading "The Connecting Church" by Randy Frazee the other day. The focus of that book was on what it would take in our modern, fast paced, instant world to create "real" community (maybe I should just say "awesome" instead). One of the key points that this author spoke of as a gage as to whether community was happening or not was spontinaity. The ability and willingness to drop in on each other without having to plan ahead. The author's concern was based upon churches with members spread out across metropolises like those wouth of the border.

Thanks people for the visit Monday night, I loved it. I enjoyed being grilled, being challenged and being affirmed. I liked hearing what other people were experiencing and discovering different perspectives. We need more of those meetings.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?