Friday, May 20, 2005

Preparation

Our family prepares for a quick trip to visit the in-laws and see my wife's pregnant sister as she meets us there. This morning I have to finish packing, clean the car, pack the car, remember all the odds and ends.

Meanwhile I am also making sure that everything is ready for Sunday. Programs are now copied, most of the songs are picked. I still have one song to put on overhead, but we will see. Maybe I'll have to send it to someone, I typed it up last thing before going to bed this morning. I have already printed off the sermon I plan to preach (a repeat of one that I have done here but tweeked for a different time and a different location.

Last night we were a bit too busy to prepare. We had soccer, then small group and my wife and I finished the day with a quick viewing of Revenge of the Sith. I came away feeling more disappointed than before. The other movies all felt different than this one. I think I was expecting something else. Maybe part of what I wanted was to see Darth hunt down more of the Jedi. I think I just wanted more story, not for it to end where it did. I think I enjoyed the movie, but something feels off. Maybe it was as Ebert suggest and the actors were just a little flat plaing in front of a blue screen, but I hope that when I see it again sometime, that it will be more enjoyable. I will see it again sometime, even if that is just on DVD.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?