Wednesday, May 18, 2005

More meetings

A big crazy meeting planned for tonight is stressing me out. Here we are preparing for our biggest and hopefully most productive vision meeting yet, and I am worried about food. I'm not actually doing anything about it, but I am worrying about it trying to figure something out that is minimal work, and everyone will eat.

What I should be doing is planning how to move from a discussion about ideas to organizing those ideas into concrete statements. I should be condensing and figuring out how to direct a group discussion instead of what kind of food can I cook up. Do I even need to cook something or are people expecting to bring a bag supper? Are they expecting to eat later? Other minsitry groups when they meet over meal time order pizza. Should we? Not everyonecan eat pizza in this group. How long does it take for a roast to thaw before you can cook it? How long does it take to cook?

Aaaaaahhh!

Comments:
Well maybe the food stress kept your mind off the stress of leading the discussion and that's why you did a great job of it....

In case you missed the compliment.
Well done on the meeting tonight! Your little trick of "write three things down" worked nicely :)
 
Yes - good job Eric!

Even though we don't have a firm statement, we seem to be on the same path!
 
Well, I appreciated the food. But I had been wondering. I suppose I could have asked, but I was prepared to eat whatever was there (if there was anything) or get something later.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?