Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Blogging world

I have been looking at my tools for set up on this blog because there are some blogs I would like to mak available on the side of my blog. I would like to set up a section of our little group blogs that would consist of the different blogs from our church. For one thing it would save me time from having to go into the favorites folder. It would also increase our awareness of what each other is doing. Draw backs are that everyone who reads my blog could read theirs too. But that's probably not a big deal since either you know them already and so you might be reading their blog anyway, or you don't know them and their blog is just a faceless person to you, like all those people that Darrell sends me to read.

Connectivity is somehow a part of the vision that we are trying to accomplish at our church. That word though strikes me as an unfeeling expression of a feeling.

A vision thought that I shared on Sunday (for those who did not hear me) was taken from My Big Fat Greek Wedding. You have to go to Greek school, but you can marry whoever you want. Just kidding, that's not it.

Miller is from the greek word Milo which is greek for apple. Our name, as many of you know is Porticolus, which is greek for Orange. We are different, our two families, apples and oranges, but in the end we are all fruit.

We may come from different places, and while we share many beliefs, we also disagree on many points, but in the end we are all a little fruity. My one friend has developed the slogan, "Creeps, wierdos and bums." I think that might scare more people than those who get it, but that is where the outskirts are. And aren't we all a little wierd?

Comments:
To paraphrase Martin Prince, "The preferred spelling of 'weirdo' is 'weirdo'."

I think you know this, Eric, but for your readers' sakes, I'll just point out that the big, fat, Greek's etymology of "Miller" is bogus.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?