Tuesday, April 26, 2005

To Do Lists

I keep making these lists on my palm pilot and it seems like there are numerous things I can make lists about. To help solve some of this problem of more work than we know what to do with we are going to have a meeting tonight with Molly Maid. Some professionals who not only can come in and clean, but also can organize. This seems to be a problem. Until I can afford and executive assistant the church has to rely on my own disorganized approach (except in areas where others are involved to keep it organized). There are some things we are discussing as making part of certain ministry teams. Ideas like Outreach ministry including follow up for new people, Body Life including flowers or letting people know about our members who are ill. A lot of this could be solved with a part time secretary, to do letters and organize things. Hmmm. How to make this a priority and yet be able to get back to 3/4 time myself? Basically this comes back to needing a bigger budget, or perhaps someone who doesn't need a lot of income, but would be willing to work 1/4 time as a secretary and that be all that they would need.

If office hours only overlapped one day a week (for communication purposes) then we could have a person to answer phone calls more often. Some of the things I do I would have to give up, and the photocopier would have to learn how to work for other people besides me. Thinking about the people in the church, I am not sure that we are ready for this yet. I don't know who could do a job like this, that doesn't need more than 1/4 time.

One a different page, I just received my last twice a week shot, and I don't need another shot until next week after which I move to monthly shots. This will be better, and less interuptive to our schedule. Hopefully this will give my arms more time to recover and not get quite so red or itchy. Of course after the shot (like right now) it will always be a little red and a lot itchy.

There is a very interesting article in Leadership Today called 3 Fibs and a truth about sex. This article is a must read for people working with teens and parents. I think that it challenges us in our approach to how we talk with them and what we are willing to say about sex. Too bad it is not available on line yet at leadershipjournal.net. There are other interesting articles though.

Comments:
Where would I drop off my resume?

Could I be like Karl to Homer (but I wont kiss you!)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?