Thursday, April 28, 2005

Scott is 35!

Today is my friend's birthday, he turns 35 this year. He and I are twins of course so I have officially entered middle age, which should last approximately 10 years (35-45) and then it will be the slow downward spiral. Actually that doesn't sound so funny. I get it sounds worse to my older brothers who are much closer than me to that downward spiral. I think that when I got married my wife's parents were somewhere around that 45 number. In ten years my oldest son would be about 18. He would be finishing high school (if everything continues as well as it has gone so far). Life I am sure will look much different at the end of middle age than it does at the start.

I'm not sure what to do for my crisis though, I have a motorcycle (in the shop right now) so I don't have to blow a bunch of money on a sports car which would not measure up to the fun that can be had on a bike. My wife is already younger than me, not much point of trading her in. What is left to do for the crisis?

I just realized that one of my friends might not find my openning paragraph as funny as I do, so you might want to skip it. Of course if you are still reading all the way down here, then you have read it and my warning is too late. I'll say it is a midlife memory failure and leave it at that.

One last thing. As I was sitting at home relaxing after the boys got home from school, the doorbell rang. It was my parents. They drove from Saskatchewan to here just for my birthday. And they and my family managed to keep it a secret (even though my wife tricked me into cleaning the spare room). O the surprises this year. I wasn't even sure that anything was going to happen this year, I'd heard nothing about any plans so I was just preparing to go on with life (should I say midlife). Now I know that my parents will be here (are here) and we are going out on Friday for my birthday.

Comments:
Don't worry, sonny. I'd already forgotten the first paragraph by the time I reached your disclaimer.
 
Happy Birthday Eric! I hope you have a great day and weekend celebrating 35 years of your life!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?