Friday, April 08, 2005

Preparing

I am getting ready to play hockey tonight. I haven't done anything really active since my last football game. I was only mildly injured, not enough to keep me from playing but enough to bother me. What really kept me from the gym and from hockey has been this cough. Well actually the result of the cough, coughing up phlem. I am still coughing, but I don't think I can stay away much longer. I want to test out my lungs which have seemed weaker this last while. Hopefully I can start to do some of the active things again and keep working at getting into some other shape than what I am in.

On Wednesday night my wife and I went and saw the movie "Be Cool" which is a sequel to the movie "Get Shorty". The movie was not as much about making fun of the business (this time the record business) as it was making fun of itself. Many of the jokes had more to do who was playing what character (like Leo by Danny Devito in the first movie). The actors did a good job of making some of these unbelieveable characters almost seem believeable. The Rock was the funniest of the group, with Vince Vaughn running a close second. I was also amazed at how big Vince Vaughn is. I didn't laugh out loud a lot during the movie, but I was amused throughout and looking back I found it even funnier.

Women's hockey is playing and it looks interesting. It is a close game right now and Finland is giving Canada a run for their money. A 5-3 powerplay by the Fins could really get them back into this game. Guess you'll have to look at TSN to find out who ended up winning.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?