Wednesday, February 23, 2005

A Time For All Things

Well, I am actually heading off to bed. Not for the night, just for a nap. I am tired after coming home at midnight and then doing dishes and whatever else I could find (Erica and the boys did a lot of straightening up while I was out) till I could find myself sleepy enough to go to bed. The problem was simply that I had played football and still had a lot of energy.

As far as the game went, I played centre this week instead of my usual position of wide-reciever, and I still caught one of the touchdowns (giving me a total of 11 in 7 games). We won our 5th game of the season to finish second in our division. Most of our wins were very convincing. Our defense played great, our offense has also played well. I am feeling good about this because I just heard that I was player of the game for this game (making that three times in this season I won that honour), and our team MVP for this year. I am not positive that it is official yet, but I appreciate being recognized. The recognition came with a warning though. Each of our past years our MVP has gotten injured (except last year outdoor where the MVP from the indoor before had to leave town for a job). My health may be in danger.

Life is seeming to go better. We have an individual learning contract in place for my older son. It is basically just a recognition of what the teacher is already doing with him (have I mentioned that this teacher has been great with him?). He is enjoying his class and is thriving in that environment. It is begining to sound like there are a couple of kids in the class who either don't get my son or just don't have the patience to try to understand him, but I don't think it is anything like last year when the kids actually were mean to each other.

My other son is doing okay in school, he seems to understand things for a while, but he does not have a grasp of letters that I expect from him. I enjoy hearing him talk about playing hockey or football when he gets older, I think that he kind of likes sports and would enjoy more opportunity to get involved. I have to remember to keep my eyes open when registration for soccer happens this year. He really wanted to play a couple years ago when he saw his older brother playing, and he seemed to understand the game. I would like to encourage this side of him, an area that he can achieve. Also if he has talent and drive he could pay some of the bills later in life :).

There are days when I am so facinated by them that I wonder what they will accomplish in life. "When I was just a little boy, I ask my mother what will I be..."

Comments:
Congrats (or sorry) on becoming the MVP. Do you get a nice big ring?
 
No ring, if our team wins our playoffs we can win a trophy. I personally will get a t-shirt I believe.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?