Monday, February 07, 2005

Mondays with my wife

Well the past couple of Mondays have been very nice. I have spent the day with my wife, going to the gym, going shopping, going out for dinner (It is today that is my oldest son's birthday). All that said, I did not get a lot of the housework done. I have barely started laundry, I have been trying to load the dishwasher so I can run it tonight.

So I have had a bit of a relaxing day after a difficult ending to yesterday. What a good way to lead into telling about the birthday party yesterday at the laser tag place. It was my oldest son's party and he had some friends show up (which we were concerned about since we received no replies about who was coming until we started asking those that we could ask). I waited at the video game place while the kids played laser tag, and then I played various video and other games with the kids (trying to help them win as many tickets as possible). I figured that I should play since the kids wanted my help. It's not like I wanted to play any of these games, the kids just pleaded and begged and needed help! The kids all seemed to have enjoyed themselves and we spent somewhere around 50 bucks on it. Not to bad a trade (I hope).

My younger son went to play laser tag with the group, but he came out early. It seems that a dark room with lasers and people trying to shoot each other is a bit scary for a young boy. Who'd a thought? He and I had fun playing some games waiting for the rest of the crew to catch up with us.

I was impressed with the young man who helped the kids get started with the laser tag. At the end of the day when all the kids are picking out their prizes with the tickets they won, he seemed to enjoy helping the kids pick out their prizes. Another person who impressed me was a young man who was there just to play games. My oldest wanted to play a game I had never seen before, a dance game, and this teenager helped us set up the game and gave a little instruction before we began. He even helped us choose one of the easier songs for dancing (and one that an adult my age would approve of - We Will Rock You). No, I did not dance, just my oldest son. Then one of his friends tried it too.

I like video games, and I enjoyed the day, but I was reminded that I do not play these games enough to really be good at them, and I just have never felt like committing the time to get better at them. I guess I just have different priorities. Even when I was young and had a paper route, I just did not want to waste my money learning how to play the games. Now comics and D&D books and figures are a whole different issue. This is probably best left till I blog again some time. For now I leave with good memories of a party and a good day after.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?