Wednesday, February 16, 2005

First some more football news (especially when news from the world of hockey sounds so grim). Yesterday we played our sixth game of the season and we won for the fourth time. Our record of 4-2-0 is enough to put us in second place right now and gives us an opportunity to move into the middle group for playoffs. Based on how we have handled the teams below us (except for the one) if we fail to get into the next level, I am not sure how much fun it would be for those teams. Three of the five teams below us we beat soundly (including last nights 39-6), the other two - one beat us (37-7 but we have always beaten this team and we played them the first game of the indoor season), the other we beat 20-13 - a close game. Next week we play our last regular season game and we play the team we are competing against for the final spot to move onto the next level.

On a more personal and selfish level, I had three more touchdowns and actually threw one myself. While I had a lot of good stats this game and may even earn player of the game for it (people on my team were impressed) one of our lesser recognized players had a really good game where he did not drop balls that he would have in the past. He is also the guy who with great consentration caught my pass while keeping his feet in bounds. This game puts me at 10 touchdowns and 3 converts on the season (leading the team in scoring). The funny thing is that most of them have been the easy longbomb, but it still impresses people. Maybe I just don't look quite so fast but somehow I get there. Sammy Steroid is playin' (if you don't know the story of Sammy Steroid, you need to track down my brother Neil who still calls me Sammy - he'll tell the story).

--------

After sleeping in on Monday, the boys have been up and ready earlier than normal the past two days. I guess my oldest is taking more responsibility for getting up and ready on time now. He still needs permission to get changed in the morning and to get his winter clothes on.

--------

My wife has found a conference in town for me to attend. The add says that it will teach you how to find your desk and organize your day. As I look at my desk I wonder, "Do I really need that kind of help? I can see the desk here at home quite plainly (underneath the books and papers and toys, letters and a few other odds and ends." It is not very expensive so I will see if I am up to it (I do have to pre-register). I suspect that their true market is not really people who would pre-register or be inclined to do anything in advance of the course. Hopefully I will remember to register and especially where to find the information when that time comes. If I forget, then I guess I really did need the course.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?