Saturday, February 05, 2005

Birthday Time

February is a busy month. It starts the birthday rush in my family with my two sons celebratign their birthdays just a couple days apart. While we are preparing for the one, we are already planning the other.

I just finished playing hockey and I know I will be up for a while, but I am not yet ready to do the dishes or tidy up the living room more so I thought I should update my blog. I did not score a great goal to brag about this week (other weeks I have). The most fun is probably the coffee conversations after hockey at the local Robbin's. The conversations kept swinging from one strange extreme to another. The amusing thing was that a lady was sitting at a table near by reading her book, and she was enjoying our conversations. At one point when one guy made a totally bizzare and unprovable point and we all called him on it, the lady had to break her silence and give some plausable sounding information to back him up on his "scientific" reading about the change in male-female ratios over the years. It was too funny and I can remember being in that kind of situation myself. We all enjoyed the input and enjoyed another great time visiting together.
Some of our best sharing and conversation comes from those times. Not necessarily our deepest and most soul searching, but great sharing non the less.

Mom and Dad are in town and I am enjoying visiting with them. Trading stories, listening to what is happening in their lives and thinking about their plans for the move out to Victoria (whenever the house sells). I hope things go well for that and I think that they will enjoy being with my older brother and his family. At times I would like to move out there too. Longing for our fantasy of what life could be is much easier than living in the reality of what life really is. You know I don't think that the grass is always greener saying works for me, cause whatever grass is greener, it still has to be mowed and that will make me sick!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?