Friday, January 07, 2005

Visiting

This week my childhood friend has been in town. we have had fun visiting, trying new games, and just catching up.

While I am still working with the church here, I have been given a leave of 6 weeks (then it will be reviewed) from preaching as I refocus my ministry. We will see how this goes and how I can reenergize myself. One of the tasks that I am to focus on is to work on the vision for the church. Who we are as a group and who we are best equipped to reach. This is not me coming down with a mysterious word on high, but rather I am to compile what we have discussed as a congregation and bring to a group who will help flesh it out and focus it. From there we hope to be closer to a brief statement that can be introduced at the next congregational meeting. I also have issues to deal with here in talking about why we are doing this and what benefits we have for this process. Some of the is best done in the one on one visiting that I do through out this time. The more work I put into this, the more I like the possibilities, I like the strange congregation we are and the kind of ways that we could build on that to reach different people. Oh the possibilities.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?