Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Times They Are A Changin'

Some different things are happening now. We are contacting the school to talk about my oldest son and his diagnosis. We hope to have a learning program in place for him so that he can acheive what he needs to acheive in school. It has also been strongly suggested that he get help with speech therapy, suggesting that this will make a big difference for him. That said the schools are not likely to pay for that and we are most likely stuck with the bill.

I am officially on a six week leave from preaching. I am doing my other tasks as well as a couple of other new focuses, but I do not have to prepare a sermon each week. Some of the focus includes visitation and encouragement, trying to help our members reach out to other people in their lives. Also I have a lot of follow-up work for the town-hall meetings we had just before last summer.

In a couple of days there is a satellite conference at a church near by. It is on training leaders in a post-modern world. "Post-modern" often brings to mind the chnaging times. But the discussions I have had with people lately, remind me how difficult it is to define as a movement or as a philosophy. As much as things change, they also seem to stay the same.

Comments:
Hey, I didnt hear anything about this conference. Is it just for certain types? I'm busy that day anyway, but still....
 
Hey Eric,
Enjoy your break from preaching!
Just wanted to let you guys know I have been thinking about you and I hope you're able to find some good services that meet H's needs and your family's resources. I am sure it is a challenging time and you're in my thoughts! Have a great week. Bonnie
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?