Thursday, January 27, 2005

Family Literacy Day

Yesterday I received a note in my son's backpack that invited me to come to school with a bag lunch and join my son for family literacy day. My wife and I made all kinds of jokes about this notice arriving so late (not that I would have done better if I were at the school). So I am preparing to go and take with me my youngest son as well.

I am taking some high quality books, like Garbage Delight, Diary of a Wombat, and An African ABC (because it is from Africa, my son is well past his ABCs). I am also taking the phot album of our African trip. There are many stories inside and pictures to go with it. We will see when we get there what he is interested in and what we will be looking at (especially since I will have a young child there as well).

Focusing on this is kind of fun, other than that I think that I having a rougher day than normal. My thoughts dwell on situations out of my control, that have happened already, and I just can't seem to get away from them. At least I did my homework today and maybe it has already helped me deal with those memories or thoughts a little bit. I think I have better things to do with my thinking. "I eat Monsters, Yum Yum..."

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?