Thursday, December 02, 2004

PR is a bad word

Well okay so it is a couple of letters that stands for two words, but it has to do with what I did today.

This morning I went with my wife to her conference to take in one of the presenters there. The person was the PR person for a large school board in the GTA. He was speaking about what PR really was about and why it would be important to schools. The kinds of things he talked about was relevant to me in my work with the church. Who is the people who need to understand the importance of this are the members of the congregation. It is what they say, and what they think about the church that is the best way to let people know what our church is all about. Complaints are seen as inside information, and carry even more power than the praise that is said.

We can put any kind of statements out about who we are as a church, but it is the way that the people who go there talk and act that tell others more about the church.

I have lots of reading to do from this session, in one huge handout that was not in the order that he presented, and that should make it even tougher to decipher.

With that and the library plus running people around, I had a busy day that was not spent at home, or at my computer.

Tomorrow my oldest son will be doing some more testing to see about his development and other issues he has been having. While it seems to be already concluded what the issue is, the specifics of how to deal with it and to develop a program or system to help him deal with it and strategies to cope with life. I am not sure I am ready to sold on a diagnosis yet, but it seems to be past that stage by the way the professionals have been talking. I guess we will see tomorrow. My son is not too happy about the idea of missing school, though.

Last time he had tests, he was greeted at the door to his class with some kids specifically calling out to say hello. They sseemed excited that he was back. I like that. This school year seems to be much better for him.

My younger son is still bothered by the ski-pants teasing he received. I am considering talking to the teacher, but I am not sure what happened or when it happened or what can be done about it. Right now I am just thinking it is important that the teacher knows it happened. I wonder if there has been any other teasing going on in that class? Maybe I can do something tomorrow when I take my older son back to school.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?