Tuesday, December 07, 2004

No news is no news

I have been putting this off today because there is not much to say about what has been going on. The boys are in school, we plan to see the teachers Thursday for the Parent-Teacher interviews, just to find out how they are doing in the class room, maybe drag out a story or two about them. My oldest got his report card the other day and things seemed better than last year already and this is before schools start handing out "A"s so with a bunch of "B"s he is doing well (one "C"). Oral something or other related to communication seems to consistently be a problem for him (in his last school and in this one), so hopefully some of the things that were tested in the last meeting will come out with some ways to help him in this. He is always willing to talk, but sometimes can't find the word.

I don't have a lot going on that is anything but normal, meetings, visits, study, work, whatever. It is good stuff and I am enjoying these. I am not feeling as low as I did a few weeks ago, but once in a while feelings creep in that drag me down.

I had a good talk with my brother yesterday who is going through similar struggles with his son. We both wonder about genetics, but can see the brilliance in the boys as they do their own things.

I am planning to take my wife on a big date this Friday (which might even interfere with hockey - sacrilege!) I was invited to a play that is taking place an Redwood (by the Pastor himself! - along with enough other people to fill the 6 tables he himself is hosting). I hope the play is good so I can make score some big points with the wifey. Not much else going on ... I guess no news is... no news.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?