Thursday, December 09, 2004

"Habits"

Today was the big Christmas Ministerial meeting. We had turkey soup and sandwiches. At this event there were some new people and some spouses which most of the group did not know. To deal with this the person in charge has us all say our name and what our ministry was. When it got to my wife's turn she used an old joke that we have had for quite a while, "Hi, my name is E and I support my husbands ministry "habit." " The reaction was quite surprising since we are used to the joke and kind of just ignore it. People laughed a lot at that one. Later as some were reflecting with the rest of the group that image was reflected on, the idea of the ministry habit, and how we are all addicted to working for God and the good and bad of it.

I think I am starting to twitch, I better get another injection of Bible. "Besides, they get into the habit of being idle and going about from house to house."

That's better.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?