Friday, November 12, 2004

Two more days

It has been three weeks now since I last spoke on a Sunday morning. I was thinking it was going to be difficult to get up and speak after hearing the different speakers I heard, and now I know it is difficult to get back up and speak. There is so much I don't want to say, so much I don't want to deal with in front of others. Yet part of the nature of preaching is also self revelation. People get to see glimpses of you when you preach. I am not ready to show glimpses of me.

In two days from now, I will be preaching whether I want to or not. When I started speaking in North Battleford, I wanted to do it again, to try, to improve. Speaking where I am now, has always been about me communicating better and better, the kinds of things I am learning and the things I know. All of which show things about me I do not want to show this week. I may be speaking on Sunday, but I am not ready for it.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?