Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Post Cards from the Edge

Actually I have never seen that movie, but I have always liked the title.

Yesterday I ended up feel quite down. Maybe a bit of a relapse, we will see how this day goes.

I spent time knuckling down to get some work done for last night and then realized that I did not have a class last night, because all the groups are meeting together tonight. Oh, well, at least I have something to take and develop more and prepare more for next week. I like spending more time brewing (can't spell the other coffee word) a study than I usually do.

If only I could knuckle down with some of the other aspects of my work and have time to reflect on my other lessons, or sermons. Letting them sit finished and then reworking them a little here and there. I suppose when you have spent your life writing papers and reports just before they are due, you learn to write in such a way that does not permit enough reflection and when you do reflect you do not want to use that one. I am not sure I have the skills to tweek a lesson, instead I would probably start rewriting it. No wonder I can't write more than a short story, I'd have to come back and edit my own writing and be able to carry on ideas. I wonder how many others live life this way, only able to focus on writing short stories of life, not able to keep the full narative in front of them as they live? Kind of like driving in a new city without a map. Some people have a natural sense of direction that keeps them going in the general direction that they want (but even they can forget the direction that they want to go and get messed up), but others of us are probably just driving in circles for long periods of time without even knowing.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?